In the 2nd ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 match, Pakistan faces the Netherlands at Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium. Pakistan aims to prove its worth, while the Netherlands is eager to make its mark after qualifying.
In an exciting clash set to take place on Friday, Pakistan will go head-to-head with the Netherlands in the 2nd match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023. This match marks a significant event as the Men in Green prepare for their first One-Day International (ODI) in India after a hiatus of over a decade. The Netherlands, on the other hand, secured their World Cup ticket by finishing as runners-up in the Qualifiers held in Zimbabwe in June-July this year.
- Teams: Pakistan vs Netherlands, Match 2
- Venue: Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad
- Date & Time: October 6th at 2:00 PM IST and Local Time
- Live Streaming: Star Sports Network and Disney+Hotstar
The conditions at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium favor the batsmen, with an even bounce and a lightning-fast outfield. This is expected to be a challenging venue for bowlers to take wickets. Winning the toss and opting to field first might be a strategic choice for the teams.
- Pakistan: Lost, Lost, Won, NR, Won
- Netherlands: Lost, Won, Won, Lost, Won
Pakistan is expected to be the favorite to win this match.
Probable Playing XIs:
Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Agha Salman / Saud Shakeel, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz / Usama Mir, Hasan Ali, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf
Max O’Dowd, Vikramjit Singh, Wesley Barresi, Bas de Leede, Colin Ackermann, Scott Edwards (c & wk), Teja Nidamanuru, Roelof van der Merwe, Logan van Beek, Paul van Meekeren, Shariz Ahmed / Saqib Zulfiqar
As of now, all the players from both squads are reportedly fit and in good health.
Top Fantasy Picks:
- Top Pick – Batter: Babar Azam
- Top Pick – All-Rounder: Shadab Khan
- Top Pick – Bowler: Shaheen Afridi
- Top Pick – Wicketkeeper: Mohammad Rizwan
- X-Factor: Logan van Beek
Fantasy Suggested Teams:
- Mohammad Rizwan, Scott Edwards, Babar Azam (c), Imam-ul-Haq, Max O’Dowd, Colin Ackermann, Shadab Khan, Bas de Leede (vc), Logan van Beek, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf
- Mohammad Rizwan (c), Wesley Barresi, Babar Azam, Max O’Dowd, Fakhar Zaman, Teja Nidamanuru, Colin Ackermann (vc), Iftikhar Ahmed, Bas de Leede, Paul van Meekeren, Shaheen Afridi
Pakistan is determined to make a mark in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 after underwhelming performances in the last two editions. Led by Babar Azam, the team is looking to lift the trophy after 31 years. They boast a formidable side with all-rounders who can contribute with both bat and ball. Their pace unit, including Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf, is a threat on any surface, even though this young squad lacks experience playing ODIs in India. Warm-up matches have aided their acclimatization to the conditions.
The Netherlands, having missed out on the previous two editions, is thrilled to be part of the 13th edition of the ICC Cricket World Cup. The team, led by Scott Edwards, displayed a resounding performance in the Qualifiers, finishing as runners-up. With the return of Roelof van der Merwe and Colin Ackermann, their side is further strengthened. Bas de Leede, the chief architect, will be a key player to watch. The Netherlands relies on pacers Logan van Beek and Paul van Meekeren, along with spinners Shariz Ahmad, Saqib Zulfiqar, and Aryan Dutt in their quest for success in the tournament.