The Asia Cup 2023’s Match 5, India vs. Nepal, takes place on September 4th at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium. Rain could interrupt the game, but India is the favored team.
The Asia Cup 2023 is in full swing, and the competition is heating up as teams vie for a spot in the Super Four round. Unfortunately, the highly anticipated match between arch-rivals India and Pakistan was washed out, resulting in both teams earning a single point each. Consequently, Pakistan secured their place in the Super Four.
Now, all eyes are on India as they prepare for their second match of the tournament. On Monday, September 4, 2023, India will go head-to-head with Nepal in the fifth game of the Asia Cup 2023. The crucial encounter will take place at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium. The stakes are high as the winner of this match will advance to the Super Four round.
In a surprising turn of events, Indian fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah has flown back to India due to personal reasons, making him unavailable for selection in India’s second Group A fixture against Nepal. It is anticipated that Prasidh Krishna may fill the void left by Bumrah in the Indian playing XI.
- Match: India vs Nepal, Match 5 of the Asia Cup 2023
- Match Date: September 4, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM IST
- Venue: Pallekele International Cricket Stadium
This match marks the first-ever ODI encounter between India and Nepal, adding an extra layer of excitement to the contest.
The weather forecast for Pallekele on Monday is less than ideal, with rain expected. There is a possibility of rain breaks during the match. The temperature is anticipated to be around 27°C, with a humidity level of 83 percent and a wind speed of 18 km/h.
The pitch at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium is known for its batting-friendly conditions. However, it has also shown assistance to fast bowlers, as demonstrated in the last game between India and Pakistan. The average score on this pitch is approximately 260 runs.
Rohit Sharma (C), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan (Wk), Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Prasidh Krishna, Mohammed Siraj
Kushal Bhurtel, Asif Sheikh (Wk), Rohit Paudel (C), Aarif Sheikh, Kushal Malla, Dipendra Singh Airee, Gulsan Jha, Sompal Kami, Karan KC, Sandeep Lamichhane, Lalit Rajbanshi
Jasprit Bumrah’s unexpected return to India leaves a void in the Indian lineup for the Nepal match.
Dream11 Fantasy Team Recommendations
- Wicket-keeper: Asif Sheikh
- Batters: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer
- All-rounders: Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, D Singh Airee
- Bowlers: Mohammed Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, S Kami
- Captain (1st choice): Rohit Sharma
- Captain (2nd choice): Hardik Pandya
- Vice-Captain (1st choice): Shubman Gill
- Vice-Captain (2nd choice): Rohit Sharma
- Wicket-Keeper: Ishan Kishan
- Batters: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Shubman Gill, Rohit Kumar Paudel
- All-rounders: Hardik Pandya, D Singh Airee
- Bowlers: Mohammed Shami, Prasidh Krishna, Kuldeep Yadav
- Captain (1st choice): Shubman Gill
- Captain (2nd choice): Virat Kohli
- Vice-Captain (1st choice): Shreyas Iyer
- Vice-Captain (2nd choice): Kuldeep Yadav
Dream11 Prediction – Who Will Win?
While this marks the first encounter between the two teams, India is the clear favorite. Fans are hopeful that the match will proceed without any rain interruptions, offering a thrilling contest between the two sides.