In the 2nd T20I of the New Zealand tour of England 2023, England aims to extend their lead against New Zealand in Manchester. Cloudy skies and a balanced pitch set the stage for an intriguing match.
Manchester, September 1, 2023 – The New Zealand tour of England 2023 continues with the second T20I, as England takes on New Zealand at the Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester. After securing a convincing 7-wickets win in the first T20I, England is determined to extend their lead in the series. New Zealand, on the other hand, will be looking to bounce back and level the series.
- Match: England vs New Zealand, 2nd T20I of the New Zealand tour of England 2023
- Match Date: September 1, 2023
- Time: 6:00 PM (Local Time), 10:30 PM I.S.T.
- Venue: Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
England has a historical advantage over New Zealand in T20Is, with 15 wins out of the 24 matches played, while New Zealand has secured 8 victories. One match ended without a result.
The weather forecast for the evening in Manchester indicates cloudy conditions with a temperature of 17°C and a humidity level of 66 percent. A moderate wind speed of approximately 11 km/h is expected, with a 40 percent chance of rain, which could add an extra layer of complexity to the match.
The pitch at Emirates Old Trafford is known to offer a balanced contest between bat and ball. Bowlers can find swing and bounce, making it challenging for batsmen. However, batters have also found success on this surface, setting the stage for an intriguing competition. The team winning the toss may opt to chase.
England: Jonny Bairstow, Will Jacks, Dawid Malan, Harry Brook, Jos Buttler (c & wk), Moeen Ali, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, Adil Rashid, Brydon Carse, Luke Wood
New Zealand: Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Tim Seifert (wk), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Daryl Mitchell, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee (c), Lockie Ferguson
Dream11 Fantasy Tips and Teams
For fantasy cricket enthusiasts, here are two suggested Dream11 teams:
- Wicket-keepers: Jonny Bairstow, Devon Conway
- Batters: Dawid Malan, Glenn Phillips, Finn Allen, Harry Brook, Will Jacks
- All-rounders: Moeen Ali, Daryl Mitchell, Liam Livingstone
- Bowlers: Tim Southee
- Captain First-Choice: Devon Conway
- Captain Second-Choice: Dawid Malan
- Vice-Captain First-Choice: Liam Livingstone
- Vice-Captain Second-Choice: Daryl Mitchell
- Wicket-keepers: Devon Conway, Tim Seifert, Jos Buttler
- Batters: Dawid Malan, Finn Allen, Harry Brook
- All-rounders: Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Mitchell Santner
- Bowlers: Lockie Ferguson
- Captain First-Choice: Jos Buttler
- Captain Second-Choice: Moeen Ali
- Vice-Captain First-Choice: Finn Allen
- Vice-Captain Second-Choice: Devon Conway
Considering England’s dominance and their strong form, they are favored to win the second T20I as well. However, cricket can be unpredictable, and New Zealand will be eager to put up a strong fight and level the series. Fans can expect an exciting clash between bat and ball at the Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester.