Get ready for ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023! Ticket details unveiled—registration from August 15, tickets on sale from August 25. Check out the new ticketing process and match schedule.
The wait is almost over for cricket enthusiasts around the globe as the International Cricket Council (ICC) and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) have announced the ticket sale details for the highly anticipated ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. Mark your calendars for August 25, the day when tickets become available for purchase. But there’s a chance to get ahead of the game—starting August 15, fans can register their interest on the official website at https://www.cricketworldcup.com/register.
The latest match schedule for the World Cup has also been unveiled, adding to the excitement of the upcoming cricket extravaganza. Be sure to save the dates for thrilling matches that promise to be unforgettable moments in the cricketing world:
- 10 October – England vs Bangladesh – Dharamsala – 10:30 AM
- 10 October – Pakistan vs Sri Lanka – Hyderabad – 2:00 PM
- 12 October – Australia vs South Africa – Lucknow – 2:00 PM
- 13 October – New Zealand vs Bangladesh – Chennai – 2:00 PM
- 14 October – India vs Pakistan – Ahmedabad – 2:00 PM
- 15 October – England vs Afghanistan – Delhi – 2:00 PM
- 11 November – Australia vs Bangladesh – Pune – 10:30 AM
- 11 November – England vs Pakistan – Kolkata – 2:00 PM
- 12 November – India vs Netherlands – Bengaluru – 2:00 PM
However, this World Cup comes with a twist. E-ticket options have been replaced with a new approach. Fans will need to collect their tickets in person from box office counters, adding an old-school charm to the process.
BCCI also receives 300 free hospitality tickets for each game, ensuring a special experience for cricket enthusiasts. Additionally, the ICC requires the state to provide 1295 tickets for league games and 1355 tickets for matches involving India and the semi-finals.
The ticket sales will be divided into phases as follows:
- 25 August – Non-India warm-up matches and all non-India event matches
- 30 August – India matches at Guwahati and Trivandrum
- 31 August – India matches at Chennai, Delhi, and Pune
- 1 September – India matches at Dharamsala, Lucknow, and Mumbai
- 2 September – India matches at Bengaluru and Kolkata
- 3 September – India matches at Ahmedabad
- 15 September – Semi-finals and Final
BCCI CEO Hemang Amin expressed his excitement, saying, “The BCCI will leave no stone unturned to ensure that you have an enjoyable experience at all the hosting venues.” ICC Head of Events, Chris Tetley, echoed the sentiment, encouraging fans to register their interest early for an immersive experience at the pinnacle of one-day cricket.
This announcement follows the ‘It Takes One Day’ campaign launch, featuring Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and acclaimed cricketers Shubman Gill and Jemimah Rodrigues, adding another layer of anticipation and excitement to the upcoming World Cup.
With the countdown to the World Cup ticking away, securing your spot in the stadium to witness history being made is now just a few clicks away. Register your interest, mark the important ticket sale dates, and get ready for a cricketing extravaganza like no other!